ETD 2010 is coming soon, and it’s not too late to register!
The conference (more formally known as the 13th International Symposium on Electronic Theses and Dissertations) will take place June 16-18 at the AT&T Conference Center in Austin. Conference organizers have extended the registration deadline until Thursday, June 10, so those interested in attending can still take part.
The focus of ETD 2010 is on the implementation of ETD programs, digital library systems, standards, and intellectual property issues. Several members and friends of the Texas Digital Library will be presenting at the conference or facilitating workshops, including:
- Texas ETD Association meeting – Laura Hammons, Texas A&M
- Building a Network of Support for ETD Professionals: OETDA, TxETDA, USETDA – Laura Hammons, Texas A&M
- Intellectual Property Panel Discussion – Georgia Harper, UT Austin
- Vireo ETD System Development Experiences – Peter J. Nuernberg, John Leggett, Mark McFarland, TDL
- A Tale of Transition: an ETD Workflow Management System Conversion and Leaving a Legacy – Laura Hammons, Texas A&M
- Managing Thesis and Dissertation Submissions for the Techno-Challenged – Terry Kahn, UT Austin
- Copyright status of “Informally Published” doctoral dissertations pre-1976 – Gail Clement, Texas A&M
- Plenary II: ETD Veterans – Terry Kahn, UT Austin
Visit the ETD 2010 website to learn more.