Check out the latest issue of TDL Update, the newsletter of the Texas Digital Library, to discover the latest news and learn how TDL is working with its members to advance scholarly communication.
In the October 2010 issue, TDL co-directors John Leggett and Mark McFarland discuss new rules from the National Science Foundation that require plans for data management. The issue also includes the following:
- A call for volunteers to help with TDL training classes
- Updates on the activities of the TDL technical teams, including news on new features for Vireo
- News about the launch of a new scholarly journal — the Texas Water Journal — on the TDL Electronic Press
- A report on the “TDL Fair” held at UT Brownsville/Texas Southmost College in early October
- A feature on a new image collection — and new DSpace functionality — created by Texas A&M Libraries
- Information about Open Access Week, which was held October 18-24
- Details on upcoming training opportunities with the TDL
For suggestions about content for the TDL Update, please contact Kristi Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.