As announced previously, Mark McFarland will step down in Spring 2013 as Director of the Texas Digital Library. With McFarland’s departure on the horizon, the TDL Governing Board has begun the search for candidates to fill this crucial position.
The Governing Board has established a search committee and hiring process and have drafted and posted a job description through UT Austin Human Resources as of January 2. Those interested may review the job description and application process at the following URL: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/130102010379
The Director Search Committee is comprised of members of the TDL Executive Committee, TDL Governing Board member Joan Heath, and select members of the TDL staff.
- Dana Rooks, TDL Chair, University of Houston
- Fred Heath, TDL Vice-Chair/Chair Elect, UT Austin
- Chris Shupala, Secretary/ Treasurer, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
- Joan Heath, Member-at-Large, Texas State University
- Ryan Steans, TDL Sr. Program Manager
- Mark McFarland, TDL Director and ex-officio member of the Search Committee, UT Austin
The Texas Digital Library has initiated a multi-step hiring process and will keep members apprised of any developments as the Search Committee progresses.
Questions about the TDL Director Search should contact TDL Senior Program Coordinator Ryan Steans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-495-4403.