The Texas Digital Library is set to begin upgrades to all hosted instances of the Vireo Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Management application from version 1.8 to the latest version of the Vireo code – version 18.104.22.168. This version of Vireo has many new features, including enhancements that allow for easier customization, batch editing, and publication to ProQuest.
TDL staff will contact each hosted member institution to communicate a proposed update schedule, which should cause only minimal interruption to current users. To facilitate the upgrade process, the TDL has scheduled three webinars to demonstrate new functionality and will provide any local support that TDL institutions require for management of the new features.
Proposed dates for web-based demonstrations of Vireo 22.214.171.124:
- Monday, December 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM – Noon (CST)
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM – Noon (CST)
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM – Noon (CST)
All future communication about this upgrade, including details about the scheduled demos, will be sent either directly to individual campuses or through the Vireo Users Group (VUG) email list. To join the VUG list, use the “Subscribe” feature at this link, or simply email email@example.com with the request.
The TDL would like to thank Texas A&M University for its work in taking Vireo from version 1.8 to this latest version. The enhancements resulting from their work will significantly improve the experience of students, graduate school staff and librarians alike, and will provide a more flexible tool to fit the needs of more campuses.
New Features of Vireo 126.96.36.199:
- Customizable Theming (add school colors, banners, etc.)
- Customizable Text
- change field names
- edit welcome text
- edit license
- edit help notes and sticky notes
- All fields can be toggled on, off or optional
- New settings for easier campus integration with ProQuest publication
- ProQuest Degree Codes
- ProQuest Subject Matching
- ProQuest Languages
- New Fields Available
- Previously published material
- Defense Date
- Committee Member Role Types
- Administrative file upload
- Reviewer notes
- Customized filter enhancements
- Customizable exports
- Batch functionality
- email to students
- status change
- publication to multiple repositories (ProQuest included)
Questions about Vireo or the upgrade of TDL-hosted instances of Vireo can be directed to TDL staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.