The Texas Digital Library (TDL) Excellence in Digital Libraries will honor an institution, group, or project that has demonstrated overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice. Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
● Building a large-scale or unique digitization project
● Collaborative work on a digital library project
● Unique use or development of digital library technology
● Advancement of digital library standards (copyright, metadata and preservation)
● Creation of an innovative digital library collection or workflow for digital library projects
Nominations are open to Texas academic libraries as well as institutions or groups in partnerships with Texas academic libraries. Self-nominations are accepted.
Award recipients will receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the 2017 Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL) May 23 – 25 in Austin, and be honored at the TCDL Conference Reception.
The 2017 TDL Awards Committee will review nominations for the Excellence in Digital Libraries Award based on the following three areas:
- Significance and outcome
- Clarity and organization of application
Nominations should be 500 – 1,500 words, not including supporting documentation.
Nominations for the 2017 TDL Awards are now closed. If you have any questions, please contact the TDL (email@example.com).