The Texas Digital Library Awards Committee invites nominations for the 2014 Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards.
TDL Awards acknowledge outstanding digital library work at academic libraries across Texas. The TDL Awards Committee encourages individuals to nominate themselves, as well as other individuals and groups as appropriate, for recognition of the innovative and important work happening across the state in digital libraries,
Awards will be given in six categories:
- Innovative Outreach Award: Honors an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital library.
- Scholarly Communications Award: Honors the work of an individual or group in a Texas academic library who has made significant advances in our understanding of the issues surrounding scholarly communications and/or in developing innovative solutions to address current academic publishing systems.
- TDL Service Award: Honors a TDL member (individual or group) who has made significant contributions to the TDL consortium and/or a member who has used TDL services to their fullest potential.
- Trailblazer Award: Honors the work of individuals or groups within Texas academic libraries who have used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain or support digital collections.
- Leadership in Digital Libraries Award: Honors an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to digital libraries.
- Excellence in Digital Libraries Award: Honors an institution, group, or project that has demonstrated overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
Successful applications will be honored at the 2014 Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, April 28-29. With the exception of the TDL Service Award, all awards are open to nominations from any academic institution in Texas, regardless of affiliation with the TDL.
- February 14, 2014: Deadline for submission
- March 14, 2014: Notification of award recipients
- April 28-29, 2014: Dates for the 2014 Texas Conference on Digital Libraries, at which awards will be distributed. (Attendance at the conference is not necessary to receive an award
For more information about the criteria and processes for selection and to submit an application, please visit: http://tdl.org/awards/
Questions about TDL Awards can be directed to the TDL Awards Committee Chair, Shelley Barba, at email@example.com.
AWARDS COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Shelley Barba (Texas Tech University) – Chair
- Cindy Boeke (Southern Methodist University)
- Susan Elkins (Angelo State University)
- Kate Krause (Houston Academy of Medicine – Texas Medical Center Library)
- Stephanie Larrison (Texas State University)
- Darryl Stuhr (Baylor University)
- Santi Thompson (University of Houston)
- Kristi Park (Texas Digital Library)
- Douglas Ferrier (Texas A&M International University) – Board Sponsor