The TDL membership is represented by a Member Board, which consists of the administrative head of each Regular Member (plus a representative administrative head for each Consortia Member). The Member Board meets yearly in the fall to discuss issues of concern to the membership and elect at-large members of the Governing Board.
The TDL Governing Board provides strategic direction for the Texas Digital Library and is comprised of library deans and directors from seven TDL institutions. The founding ARL members of TDL serve as ex officio members of the Governing Board. The remaining three members are elected at-large from within the Regular Tier 2 membership.
In addition, two members of the TDL staff sit on the Governing Board as ex officio, non-voting members.
TDL Governing Board members for 2014-2015 are:
- Bella Karr Gerlich, Dean of Libraries, Texas Tech University Libraries*
- Douglas Ferrier, Director of the Killam Library, Texas A&M International University (2012-2015)
- Diane Graves, Assistant Vice President for Information Resources and University Librarian, Trinity University (2013-2016)
- Lorraine Haricombe, Vice Provost, University of Texas at Austin Libraries*
- David Carlson, Dean, Texas A&M University Libraries*
- Joan Heath, Associate Vice President University Library, Texas State University (2014-2017)
- Dana Rooks, Dean of Libraries, University of Houston*
- Pattie Orr, CIO, Baylor University**
- Mark Smith, Director, Texas State Library and Archives Commission**
- Kristi Park, TDL Interim Director**
- Ryan Steans, TDL Director of Operations**
*ex officio member
**ex officio, non-voting member
Executive Committee 2014-2015
A select group within the Governing Board acts on behalf of the Board to make day-to-day operational decisions. This group, the Executive Committee, consists of the officers of the Governing Board.
- David Carlson, Texas A&M University Libraries (Chair)
- Joan Heath, Texas State University (Vice Chair/Chair-Elect)
- Douglas Ferrier, Texas A&M International University (Secretary-Treasurer)
- Pattie Orr, Baylor University (CIO advisor, ex officio)