GOVERNING BOARD: The Governing Board guides the strategic direction of the TDL consortium. It consists of 4 permanent members (the administrative heads of the four Tier 1 institutions) and three at-large members, which will be elected by the Tier 2 membership.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: A select group within the Governing Board acts on behalf of the Board to make day-to-day operational decisions. This group, the Executive Committee, consists of two Tier 1 members plus one at-large (Tier 2) member.
MEMBER BOARD: The TDL membership is represented by a Member Board, which consists of the administrative head of each Regular Member (plus a representative administrative head for each Consortia Member). The Member Board will meet yearly to discuss issues of concern to the membership and elect at-large members of the Governing Board.
Governing Board 2012-2013
The TDL Governing Board provides strategic direction for the Texas Digital Library and is comprised of library deans and directors from seven TDL institutions. The founding ARL members of TDL serve as ex officio members of the Governing Board. The remaining three members are elected at-large from within the Regular Tier 2 membership.
In addition, two members of the TDL staff sit on the Governing Board as ex officio, non-voting members.
TDL Governing Board members for 2012-2013 are:
- Don Dyal, Dean of Libraries, Texas Tech University Libraries*
- Douglas Ferrier, Director of the Killam Library, Texas A&M International University
- Fred Heath, Vice Provost, University of Texas at Austin Libraries*
- David Carlson, Dean, Texas A&M University Libraries*
- Joan Heath, Associate Vice President University Library, Texas State University
- Dana Rooks, Dean of Libraries, University of Houston*
- Christine Shupala, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Mark McFarland, TDL Director**
- Ryan Steans, TDL Senior Program Coordinator**
*ex officio member
**ex officio, non-voting member
Executive Committee 2012-2013
The officers of the Governing Board form the TDL Executive Committee, which makes day-to-day operational decisions for the TDL.
- Dana Rooks, University of Houston Libraries (Chair)
- Fred Heath, University of Texas Libraries (Vice Chair/Chair-Elect)
- Christine Shupala, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (Secretary/Treasurer)
Standing committees described in the TDL Bylaws are:
- Membership Development Committee
PURPOSE: To market the organization and its capabilities to member institutions and new member communities.
- Conference Committee
PURPOSE: To be responsible for the annual Texas Conference on Digital Libraries.
- Nominations and Elections Committee
PURPOSE: To select a slate of candidates for each Member-at-Large board position to be filled.
- Awards Committee
PURPOSE: To acknowledge outstanding achievements in digital libraries in support of scholarly communication in Texas.
- Legislative Committee
PURPOSE: To keep the TDL membership informed of legislation affecting all libraries serving institutions of higher education, work to establish beneficial relationships with the State Legislature and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and work in cooperation with the Texas Library Association.