Members of the TDL community receive access to a number of resources and opportunities to engage with colleagues to facilitate and contribute to wider discussions toward the advancement of digital libraries and related services. Documentation, presentations, and other reporting and output of the TDL is made available in the TDL Repository.
News and Updates
Annual Events and Awards
TDL Sponsored Events and Awards
TDL Member Discounts to Other Events
Working Group Reports and Documentation
TDL ETD Metadata Working Group
- Dictionary of Texas Digital Library Descriptive Metadata for Electronic Theses and Dissertations Version 2 (PDF; September 2015)
- TDL Descriptive Metadata Guidelines for Electronic Theses and Dissertations Version 1 (PDF; April 2009)
- TDL MODS Application Profile for Electronic Theses and Dissertations Version 1 (PDF; April 2009)
TDL Data Management Working Group
- TDL Data Management Working Group Report (PDF; August 2015)
Technical and User Documentation
- 5 Steps to a TDL Electronic Journal (PDF; 2015)
- TDL Business Continuity Plan (PDF; 2015)
- TDL System Acquisition Survey (PDF; 2015)
- TDL Data Security Policy (PDF; 2015)
- DSpace Batch Import Format (PDF; April 2009)
- Shibboleth Federation Attributes (PDF; April 2009)
Training Presentations and Videos
- Vireo Video Tutorials (YouTube)
- Vireo Deployment Checklist (PDF; November 2013)
- Vireo Training (PDF; November 2009;)
Open Journal Systems
- TDL Electronic Journals: Creating an Online Scholarly Journal Using OJS (PPT; March 2014)
Brochures and Promotional Materials
The following materials about the Texas Digital Library are available for members to download and utilize for information and outreach at member institutions, or to potential new TDL members.
- About the Texas Digital Library (PDF; November 2013) – A one-page description of the Texas Digital Library, including information about mission, services, partnerships, and consortial working groups.
- TDL Informational Presentation (PPT; November 2013) -Presentation slides providing an overview of the Texas Digital Library: its mission, history, services, organization, and future directions.
- Faculty Brochure (413.79 kB; 01-2011)
- Introduction to Vireo presentation (1.61 MB; 01-2011)