The Texas ETD Association, an organization that supports the use and management of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), is excited to announce the launch of the Texas ETD Association Blog, a new resource for communicating with ETD professionals in Texas.
The blog offers a wealth of information about the Texas ETD Association (TxETDA) and ETDs more generally. Among the items included are:
- the TxETDA vision and mission statements
- contact information for TxETDA leadership
- information on upcoming and past events
- a resource list containing useful information on Vireo (the ETD management system of the Texas Digital Library)
- a listing of Texas institutional ETD websites
- discussion of the key initiatives of the TxETDA
The Texas ETD Association was formed in 2009 in conjunction with the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries, hosted annually by the Texas Digital Library. The goal of TxETDA is to provide support to ETD users throughout the state via training, networking opportunities, and sharing of best practices. Training and discussion around Vireo, the TDL’s electronic thesis and dissertation submission and management system, is a key concern of the organization.
In addition to its new blog, the TxETDA maintains a listserv for those interested in keeping up with ETD issues. Instructions for joining the listserv can be found on the TxETDA blog.