The University of North Texas held an Open Access Symposium on May 18 as part of an initiative to educate faculty about open access and potentially move the university towards a formal open access policy. The symposium featured a number of distinguished speakers, and UNT has posted the videos of those talks on the symposium website.
Here is a sampling of the available presentations:
- Steven Harnad, “Designing the Optimal Open Access Mandate”
- David E. Shulenberger, “The Research University Imperative to Distribute Scholarly Research”
- Heather Joseph, “Is Open Access Becoming the New Normal?”
- Dwayne K. Butler, “Copyright and Publication Agreements: Who Owns Your Work?”
- Clifford Lynch (Closing Session)