Friday, October 1 is #followalibrary day on Twitter.
Dreamed up by a group of library professionals who met on the web, the day is designed to use the social networking site Twitter to promote libraries that also use the service.
If you have a Twitter account, you can participate in the day by posting a tweet proclaiming your favorite “twittering” library – be sure to use the hashtag #followalibrary in your tweet.
#followalibrary day is also a good time to add a library or two to the list of feeds you follow on Twitter. Quite a few TDL member libraries are Twitterers, so there are a lot of great libraries to follow. Here are a few of our members’ Twitter feeds. Let us know if we’ve forgotten anybody.
- Baylor University Libraries – @BaylorLibraries
- Texas A&M Libraries – @tamulibraries
- Texas A&M Qatar Library – @tamuqlib
- University of Houston Libraries – @UHDigital (UH Digital Library)
- Moody Medical Library at UT Medical Branch – @UTMBLibrary
- UT M.D. Anderson Medical Center Library – @MDAndersonLib
- UT Southwestern Medical Center Library – @utswlibrary
- UT Austin Libraries – @utlibraries
And don’t forget to follow the Texas Digital Library (@TXDigLibrary) on Twitter to keep up with activities and news.
Read more about #followalibrary day here.