This fall, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) will upgrade all its hosted DSpace institutional repositories to the latest release of DSpace, DSpace 4. The TDL operations team will be in contact with staff at each institution as it prepares for the upgrades, to allow time for testing and configuration at local institutions before going “live.”
In preparation for these upgrades, the TDL will host an online presentation and demonstration covering the new features in DSpace 4. We hope all those who work with DSpace at our member institutions – including librarians, students, and technology staff — will join us for this free webinar to learn more about the capabilities of DSpace 4, including:
- New faceted searching and browsing
- A new, responsive website theme
- Enhanced indexing by Google and Google Scholar
- New statistics and embargo functionality
DSpace Webinar Details
DATE: Tuesday, September 30, 2014
TIME: 10:30-11:30 AM (CDT)
LOCATION: Online (details will be provided upon registration)
How do I attend?
- To join the webinar, you will dial in to a conference phone line (for audio) and log in to an Adobe Connect web session to view the presentation and demo. Upon registering, you will receive an email with specific instructions for attending the event.
Who planned this event?
Thank you to the DSpace 4 Task Force to their work in testing and content development for this webinar:
- Effie Bradley, Texas Digital Library
- Cameron Kainerstorfer, UT Southwestern UT Austin
- Laura McElfresh, Texas A&M at Galveston
- Kristi Park, Texas Digital Library
- Chris Starcher, Texas Tech
- Ryan Steans, Texas Digital Library
- Andrew Weidner, University of Houston
Who do I contact with questions?
- Please contact the Texas Digital Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-495-4417.