Each year, the Texas Digital Library honors individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries. The TDL Awards Committee is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2017 TDL Awards. Nominations will be accepted through January 31, 2017.
This year, we have a new category for the TDL Awards, the TDL Graduate Student Excellence Award. This new category encourages nominations for outstanding achievements by a graduate student.
Awards will be given in seven categories:
- Graduate Student Excellence Award: Honors an individual graduate student that has demonstrated overall excellence and contributions to digital library practice.
- Excellence in Digital Libraries Award: Honors an institution, group, or specific project that has demonstrated overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
- Innovative Outreach Award: Honors an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital library.
- Leadership in Digital Libraries Award: Honors an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to digital libraries.
- Scholarly Communications Award: Honors the work of an individual or group in a Texas academic library who has made significant advances in our understanding of the issues surrounding scholarly communication and/or in developing innovative solutions to address the current academic publishing systems.
- Trailblazer Award: Honors the work of an individual or group within a Texas academic library who has used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain, or support digital collections. Applications from libraries just beginning on digital projects or staff whose job duties often fall outside the area of digital collections are especially encouraged.
- TDL Service Award: Honors a Texas Digital Library member (individual or group) who has made significant contributions to the TDL consortium and/or a member who has used TDL services to their fullest potential.
Award recipients will receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the 2017 Texas Conference on Digital Libraries, to be held May 23 – 25 in Austin, and will be honored at the TCDL Conference Reception. With the exception of the TDL Service Award, all awards are open to nominations from any academic institution in Texas regardless of affiliation with the TDL. Self-nominations are accepted.
More information about criteria, nomination instructions, and nomination forms for each award are available on the TDL Awards website: https://tdl.org/awards/
For questions about the awards, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 TDL Awards Committee
- Nerissa Lindsey (Chair), Texas A&M International University
- Louise Kidder, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Sian Brannon, University of North Texas
- Sarah Potvin, Texas A&M University
- Aaron Choate, University of Texas at Austin
- Laura Waugh, Texas Digital Library