Regular members of the Texas Digital Library Consortium can now save on PressbooksEDU book production networks.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2020: The PressbooksEDU Gold plan has been discontinued; it is no longer available to new subscribers. TDL regular members are eligible for 30% off PressbooksEDU Silver plans and also receive a 30% discount when purchasing Pressbooks’ FTE-priced LTI add-on to Silver through Dec. 1, 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Pressbooks is an online book/document formatting system that you can use to create books that are accessible on all platforms: in print and digital, including all smartphones, tablets, e-reader devices, and computers. Pressbooks enables anyone to produce professional, platform-agnostic outputs of books in multiple formats: PDF (print and digital) | WEB | EPUB | MOBI | ODT| XML | WXR| XHTML.
Pressbooks is widely used in universities to create open textbooks, but it can also be used to create scholarly monographs, proceedings of symposia, grey publishing, course syllabi, dissertations, and more. It is also used by independent authors, publishers and small presses.
A PressbooksEDU network can help you get your OER initiative off the ground, and showcase the open textbooks you create, adapt, and adopt. Beyond streamlining the process of formatting books in multiple outputs, Pressbooks EDU plans offer special educational features, enterprise-level support and training, and the potential for integration into other university infrastructure.
PressbooksEDU plans enable you to:
- Showcase and distribute the collection of open textbooks and other resources your institution creates on an OER platform and catalog branded to your university or college
- Create textbooks and course materials that can be made available for free online to students
- Produce open textbooks in many digital formats and in print
- Make engaging course content that incorporates embedded media, interactive content like H5P quizzes, and more
- Clone any openly licensed public webbook from another Pressbooks network directly into your own network to adapt, remix, and redistribute it
- Benefit from reliable network performance and security
For more information, see PressbooksEDU Plans.
If you’re interested in learning more about PressbooksEDU, send an email to email@example.com.
Join us for an Intro to Pressbooks webinar on November 21. Registration is free to TDL members, just click here to sign up.