Web Archiving Texas is an opportunity to build a community around web archiving in Texas, bringing people together to share skills and resources, and to amplify our work that impacts the national and and international web archiving community. Join Texas Digital Library at Baylor University in Waco, Texas on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, to begin this exciting collaboration.
We are currently developing a program that asks attendees to bring their own expertise and topics to share in the morning, with the objective to use the afternoon to discuss the most substantial challenges that emerge and set our intentions as a group for moving web archiving practice forward in Texas. What web archiving projects are you currently doing or planning that you can talk about at this conference? Even if you have web content that requires archiving, but no program, we want to know about it!
Web Archiving Texas will be an interactive experience. We highly encourage all participants bring a laptop computer.
Registration for opens soon!
Web Archiving Texas Planning Committee:
- Leanna Barcelona, University Archivist, Texas Collection, Baylor University
- John Bondurant, Digital Archivist, Cushing Memorial Archives, Texas A&M University
- Lea DeForest, Communications Strategist, Texas Digital Library
- Phyllis Earles, Head, Special Collections & Archives/University Archivist, Prairie View A&M University
- Lauren Ko, Supervisor, Software Development Unit, University of North Texas
- Anna Lamphear, Head of Digitization, University of Texas at Austin
- Kara Long, Metadata Librarian, Baylor University
- Courtney Mumma, Deputy Director, Texas Digital Library
- Kristi Park, Executive Director, Texas Digital Library
- Billie Peterson-Lugo, Director, Digital Library Services & Systems, Baylor University
- Janice Peyton, Executive Director, Robert J. Terry Library, Texas Southern University
- Mark Phillips * , Associate Dean for Digital Libraries, University of North Texas
- Linda Reynolds, Director, East Texas Research Center, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Darryl Stuhr, Assistant Director for Digital Projects, Baylor University
- Laura Waugh, Digital Collections Librarian, Texas State University
- Kristen Weischedel, Digital Archivist, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
* Special thanks to UNT’s Mark Phillips for reaching out to TDL to get this conversation started.
The event venue provides ADA-compliant meeting rooms, parking spaces, and accessible restrooms. If you require ADA-related accommodations for this event, please contact the Texas Digital Library at firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of two weeks prior to the event so that we can accommodate your request.
STATEMENT OF INCLUSION
The Web Archiving Texas Planning Committee and the Texas Digital Library are committed to the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status. We believe that digital libraries are stewarded and utilized by diverse participants, and that supporting the visibility of such diversity enhances the experiences of all digital library community members. As such, this event values inclusiveness and the maintenance of a safe and accountable space for all participants.
Texas Digital Library is dedicated to providing collaborative and conference experiences that are free from all forms of harassment, and inclusive of all people. We know that the best problem-solving and critical thinking happens when people with a wide array of experiences and perspectives come together to work in comfort and safety as peers. We therefore expect participants in the Texas Digital Library community to help create thoughtful and respectful environments where that interaction can take place.