The members-only OTN Summer Institutes are opportunities for open education leaders to collaboratively develop open education strategies and build a community of practice. The OTNSI is a chance for TDL members to learn, connect, and have fun with our colleagues who are working across the country to grow open education programs.
TDL has six seats at the weeklong OTN Summer Institute in Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 27-31, 2020. All expenses will be paid by OTN (travel, registration, lodging). Two of the six seats are reserved for ARL members. An application is required.
In order to be eligible, applicants must be from a TDL member institution and commit to serving the consortium as an OER Ambassador for a minimum of two years. Additionally, OER is required to be an explicit component of members’ current work.
If you are a TDL member interested in becoming an OER Ambassador and attending OTNSI, please apply here by February 21, 2020 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We ask that you include the following in your application form:
- Your name, title, institution, and email address.
- What unit on campus is leading your OER initiatives.
- Describe the status of OER initiatives on your campus and your role in relation to those initiatives.
- Describe your experience and strengths you would bring to this role, including collaboration, service, instruction, creating OER, and outreach.
- Upload a one-page, typed and signed letter of support from supervisor or library director outlining their commitment to supporting your work.
- Confirm agreement to commit to serve and agree to attend OTNSI 2020.