Members of Texas Digital Library have launched a new group open to all non-commercial parties who would like to learn, contribute, or discuss regional digital imaging and digitization best practices.
The catalyst for the group was a birds-of-a-feather meeting at TCDL 2019. From that meeting, the founding members recognized the need to connect regional practitioners working in digitization of cultural heritage materials.
TDL Imaging Group Founding Members:
- Marcia McIntosh. Digital Production Librarian. University of North Texas Libraries
- Derek Rankins, Medium Imaging LLC (formerly with Harry Ransom Center, University of Texas at Austin)
- Shannon Willis. Digital Projects Lab Manager. University of North Texas Libraries
The mission of the TDL Imaging Group is to create and exchange information on both basic and advanced digital imaging and digitization best practices, in addition to establishing an open and inclusive environment for the exchange of information regionally, within the state of Texas, and surrounding areas.
The group will focus on developing the following services and initiatives:
- Establish an online community.
- Coordinate regional meetings, events, and lab tours.
- Provide training and resources on digitization and digital imaging best practices.
- Support research on digitization and imaging methods.
If you are interested in joining the TDL Imaging Group, please subscribe to our listserv to get involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 2020 | Houston Meet-up