Discover ways to equip your campus with tools, techniques, and strategies to build and sustain open education programs.
Texas Digital Library is excited to invite our members to attend one of two virtual workshops hosted by TDL and our partners with the Open Education Network (OEN). Details are below.
OEN Train-the-Trainer Workshop Session #1
Monday, February 8, 2021 | 11am-2pm Central
Registration for TDL members is free. A Zoom account is required to participate.
Click here to register for the workshop.
Once you’ve registered, we will send you a confirmation email that will include a calendar invitation to download.
Session #1 Details
- Date & Time: Monday, February 8, 2021 | 11am-2pm Central
- Presenters: OEN Director of Programs, Tanya Grosz, and Cheryl Cuillier, Associate Librarian at the University of Arizona
- Event contact: Taylor Fairweather-Leitch, Scholarly Communication Librarian at West Texas A&M University and member of TDL’s OER Ambassadors. [email Taylor with your questions]
- Please complete the asynchronous portion of the training here, which includes a combination of readings and videos, prior to the workshop on February 8. The course is open, should not require a log in, and takes approximately 2 – 3 hours to complete. Recommended browsers are Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Agenda (draft)
- Reviewing key concepts from our course
- Discussing strategies for raising awareness, educating, and engaging
- Uncovering barriers to open textbook adoption
- Practicing successful strategies for responding to skeptics and criticism of open education
- Discussing ways to incentivize faculty engagement with open textbooks
The workshop will be interactive, drawing on an activity guide and breakout rooms to encourage community building, connection, and a shared learning experience.
We look forward to answering your questions, responding to your concerns about open education, and connecting you with other advocates in our community. See you on February 8!