Texas OER Colleagues and Educators are invited to share their work, perspectives, and ideas at Open Texas 2022, being held virtually on September 21-23, 2022. Visit the Open Texas 2022 website to learn about this year’s committees and conference theme.
This year’s theme, “The Labor of Open Education,” invites participants to reflect on the work, creativity, art, and science of open education 20 years since UNESCO adopted the term “open educational resources” in 2002. With its origins in social justice and motivation to achieve equity in access, participation, and attainment for students and practitioners, open education has required significant work and commitment.
In 2022, as higher education has become more comfortable with the digital universe and the pandemic becomes endemic, it is time to examine the labor of open education. This year’s conference will explore the people and passion behind the success of OER over the last two decades.
The call for proposals is now open. Proposals must be submitted via Cvent and are due on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. If you need help getting started, feel free to use our Proposal Submission Preparation document.
If you have questions or suggestions about the Open Texas call for proposals, please email us at email@example.com.
Sent on behalf of the Open Texas Program Committee:
Open Texas 2022 Conference Chair:
- Rebecca Karoff, Ph.D., Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Texas System
Open Texas 2022 Program Committee Co-Chairs:
- Jim Ross-Nazzal, Professor of History and Humanities, Houston Community College-Eastside Campus
- Justin White, Scholarly Communications Librarian, University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley
Open Texas 2022 Program Committee Members:
- Lori Bryan, Head of Reference & Access Services, University of Houston-Victoria
- Beatrice Canales, Academic Unit Assistant, San Antonio College
- Sabrina Davis, Open Educational Resources Librarian, Texas Tech University
- Linsey Ford, Scholarly Communications Librarian University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Crystal Gardner, Instructional Supervisor, Houston Community College
- Carrie Gits, Head Librarian, Associate Professor, Austin Community College
- Dr. Bruce Herbert, Director, Office of Scholarly Communications, Texas A&M University
- Derek Irvin, Program Director, Houston Community College
- Lisa Louis, Director, User and Research Services, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Kristi Moore, Associate Professor, Director M.S. program in Applied Psychology, Angelo State University
- Mandy Palmer, English Professor & English Department Associate Chair, Houston Community College
- Dr. Ramesh Sharma, Associate Professor of Educational Technology and Learning Ambedkar, University Delhi, India