Pour yourself a cuppa and check out all of the ways you can help TDL fulfill our holiday wishes.
Percolate your career
TDL will offer lots of professional development in the coming year. Take a few minutes to plant seeds for furthering your career with these opportunities:
- Submit a proposal to the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries
- Attend a webinar. interest group meeting, or training (Research Integrity, GIS Interest Group, TDL Monthly Member Forum)
- Volunteer with the Open Texas conference (call for volunteers coming soon!)
Brew a community of practice
The best thing about being a member of Texas Digital Library is that we have a ready-made group of like-minded professionals working toward the same goals. Over the winter break, take a moment to give back by contributing to these initiatives:
- Recognize the leaders in your community and nominate someone for a TDL Award. The nomination process is easy and winners are announced at the annual Texas Conference on Digital Libraries.
- Share your open educational resources materials, questions, and outreach efforts with the Texas OER Community for Higher Education Google Group. Just go to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/texas-oer-community-he and click “Ask to join group.”
- Join one of our community groups: GIS, DSpace, Digital Preservation, Web Archiving Texas, and more.
Mocha latte friends with TDL
Connect with fellow librarians, archivists, and other digital library professionals in our consortium of academic libraries by joining us online.
We are texasdigitallibrary on Facebook and TXDigLibrary on Twitter. We even have a public list of all TDL members on Twitter so you can start following your fellow TDL members. Also, be sure to sign up for our bi-monthly e-newsletter and more email lists so you can stay up-to-date and join our Community Slack to keep up with friends and colleagues in our network.
From all of us to all of you, TDL wishes everyone a wonderful winter break. See you in 2023!
Top row (left to right): Clark Kim, Senior Systems Administrator; Courtney Mumma, Deputy Director; Nick Lauland, Systems Administrator and Helpdesk Lead; Frank Smutniak, Senior Software Engineer; Ima Oduok, Digital Librarian
Bottom row (left to right): Nicholas Woodward, Senior Software Engineer; Lea DeForest, Communications Manager; Elliot Williams, DPLA Outreach Coordinator; Meagan Hernandez, Administrative Associate; Andrew Reiter, Heldesk Technician; Kristi Park, Executive Director