The Excellence Award honors a specific project that demonstrates overall excellence in one or more areas of digital curation and digital scholarship practice.
Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative work on a digital collections project
- Unique use or development of digital collections technology
- Advancement of digital collections standards (e.g., copyright, access, metadata, preservation)
- Creation of an innovative digital collection or workflow for digital collections projects
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from historically underrepresented professionals and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Nominations are open to Texas libraries and cultural heritage institutions, or groups or projects within a Texas libraries and cultural heritage institutions, and can be in partnership with other organizations. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Excellence Award, you will need:
- Contact information about the project members including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,000 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required, examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
Winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.