Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
The Excellence in Digital Libraries Award honors a specific project that demonstrates overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative work on a digital library project
- Unique use or development of digital library technology
- Advancement of digital library standards (e.g., copyright, metadata, preservation)
- Creation of an innovative digital library collection or workflow for digital library projects
Nominations are open to Texas institutions of higher education, or groups or projects within a Texas institution of higher education, and can be in partnership with other organizations. Self-nominations are accepted.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Excellence in Digital Libraries Award, you will need:
- Contact information about the project members including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email email@example.com.