The Excellence Award honors a specific project that demonstrates overall excellence in one or more areas of digital curation or digital scholarship practice.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative work on a digital curation or digital scholarship project
- Unique use or development of a tool for digital curation or digital scholarship
- Advancement of digital curation or digital scholarship standards (e.g. copyright, access, metadata, preservation)
- Creation of an innovative digital collection or a workflow for digital curation or digital scholarship projects
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from historically excluded communities and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion, this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Nominations for this award are open to Texas libraries, archives, museums, cultural heritage institutions, non-profits, collectives, or groups or projects within said entities, and can be in partnership with other organizations. Individuals and project members nominated must have been employed by the institution at the time the work was created or performed. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. TDL members as well as non-members are eligible both to nominate and receive the award.
To nominate an institution, group, or individual for TDL’s Excellence Award, please complete the form below. To do so, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee or nominated group to include their name, affiliation, email address, and mailing address (required), plus any URLs (optional)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500-1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation/file uploads (optional; examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.).
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Winning nominations are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and winners are notified in early spring. Award winners receive one complimentary registration per award for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL) in Austin and are honored during a special awards session at the next conference.
Both winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the digital library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.