Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
The Texas Digital Library Innovative Outreach Award will honor an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital library.
- Innovative outreach can include, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Marketing and outreach campaigns that include print, electronic, social media and other forms of communication to promote a digital library, digital collection or project and build awareness among various types of users, including both viewers of and contributors to an institutional repository or digital collection
- Promotional events that showcase a digital library, collection or project to potential audiences and user groups
- Statistical analyses, surveys, and other types of documentation that illustrate outcomes, or ways in which digital libraries or collections are being used to enhance learning in the class room or change fields of study
- Inventive methods of creating support for a digital library effort within an organization that have led to heightened recognition and/or increased resources for the project or library
Nominations are open to an individual graduate student currently enrolled in a Texas higher education institution, pursuing a degree in any discipline. Self-nominations are accepted.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Innovative Outreach Award, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.