Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
The Texas Digital Library Leadership in Digital Libraries Award will honor an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to digital libraries. Nominees should lead from every corner of the library, beyond the traditional confines of managerial roles. Anyone who contributes to digital libraries is eligible to be a Leader.
Outstanding contributions to digital libraries can include, but are not limited to:
- Contributions to the mentorship of digital library professionals
- Contributions to digital library scholarship, literature, or research
- Outstanding leadership in local, regional, or state digital library activities, initiatives, or organizations
- Mentoring interns and library students to foster the next generation of digital librarians
- Creation of best practices or workflows that are a model for others to follow
Nominations are open to individuals from Texas academic libraries. Individuals nominated for this award must have been employed by an academic library at the time the work took place. Self-nominations are accepted.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Leadership in Digital Libraries Award you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.