The Texas Digital Library’s Outreach Award will honor an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital assets.
The Outreach Award is open to any individual or team working in libraries, archives, museums, or other cultural heritage institutions. Outreach can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Marketing and outreach campaigns to promote a digital service, collection, or project. This could also include the promotion of open access practices and opportunities.
- Promotional events that showcase a digital service, collection or project.
- Assessments or documentation that improve outreach practices, illustrate specific outcomes, or highlight ways in which digital repositories are used to enhance learning in the classroom and in fields of study.
- Creating support for a digital effort within an organization that has led to heightened recognition and/or increased resources for the project or institution.
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from historically underrepresented professionals and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Innovative Outreach Award, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,000 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required, examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
Winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.