The Outreach Award honors an individual or team that demonstrates a creative, innovative, and successful approach to increasing accessibility of digital information, promoting engagement among new users, or increasing public awareness of an organization’s digital collections.
Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing and outreach campaigns to promote a digital service, collection, or project. This could also include the promotion of open access practices and opportunities.
- Promotional events that showcase a digital service, collection, or project.
- Assessments or documentation that improve outreach practices, illustrate specific outcomes, or highlight ways in which digital repositories are used to enhance learning in the classroom and in fields of study.
- Creating support for a digital effort within an organization that has led to heightened recognition and/or increased resources for the project or institution.
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from professionals from historically underrepresented communities and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion, this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Nominations for this award are open to individuals or groups from Texas libraries, archives, museums, cultural heritage institutions, non-profits, or collectives. Individuals and group members nominated must have been employed by the institution at the time the work was created or performed. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
To nominate an individual or group for TDL’s Outreach Award, please complete the form below. To do so, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee or nominated group to include their name, affiliation, email address, and mailing address (required), plus any URLs (optional)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500-1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation/file uploads (optional; examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
The deadline for nominations is February 5, 2021.
Winning nominations are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and winners are notified in early spring. Award winners receive one complimentary registration per award for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL) in Austin and are honored during a special awards session at the next conference.
Both winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the digital library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email email@example.com.