Many libraries and cultural heritage institutions do not have full-time staff dedicated to digital projects but regardless find creative ways to develop a digital presence. The Texas Digital Library Trailblazer Award will honor the work of an individual or group within a Texas library, archive, museum, or other cultural heritage organization who has used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain or support digital collections.
Outstanding contributions can include but are not limited to:
- Innovative uses of technology
- Digitization projects
- Effective working relationships regarding digital presences or projects and involving other people, departments, or organizations
- Metadata and cataloging processes
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) programs
- Integration of digital collections into Information Literacy campaigns, outreach and/or publicity, curriculum guides, or other flexible and innovative uses of digital resources.
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from historically underrepresented professionals and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Nominations are open to individuals or groups from Texas libraries and cultural heritage institutions. Individuals nominated for this award must have been employed by the institution at the time the work was created. We especially encourage applications from libraries just beginning on digital projects or staff whose job duties often fall outside the area of digital collections. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Trailblazer Award, please complete sections of the form below.
To do so, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee or group including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,000 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required, examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
Winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.