Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Many libraries do not have full-time staff dedicated to digital projects but find creative ways to embark to develop a digital presence. The Texas Digital Library Trailblazer Award will honor the work of an individual or group within a Texas academic library who has used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain or support digital collections.
Outstanding contributions can include but are not limited to:
- New collections
- Innovative uses of technology
- Publicity, outreach, or promotion
- Digitization projects
- Effective working relationships with other people, departments, or organizations
- Metadata and cataloging processes
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) programs
- Integration of digital collections into Information Literacy campaigns
Nominations are open to individuals or groups from Texas academic libraries. Individuals nominated for this award must have been employed by an academic library at the time the work was created. We especially encourage applications from libraries just beginning on digital projects or staff whose job duties often fall outside the area of digital collections. Self-nominations are accepted.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Trailblazer Award, please complete sections of the form below.
To do so, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee or group including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.