The TDL DSpace Education Working Group was formed in 2015 to assess, update, and standardize the DSpace training that the TDL offers to its members.
Purpose of the DSpace Training & Education Group
The Texas Digital Library (TDL) DSpace Training & Education Group (DTEG) will assess, update, and standardize the DSpace training that the TDL offers to its members.
The group’s core responsibility is to train members of Texas Digital Library in the use of DSpace. Other responsibilities include:
- Outline projects for each year
- Report out to TDL membership each year at TCDL
- Coordinate with TDL membership and other Working Groups as needed to help provide and improve training on TDL software platforms
Who can join
The DTEG functions as TDL’s main training offering for TDL DSpace users and exists for service to fellow TDL members. Therefore, DTEG membership is limited to TDL members.
One-year rolling membership terms formally begin and end annually at TCDL, with the option to continue. More practically, we welcome new members at any time; we also understand that the need may arise for a member to leave the group mid-term.
The group is led by a Chair and Vice-Chair, with support from TDL staff.
- Lea DeForest, Texas Digital Library
- Susan Elkins (chair), Sam Houston State University
- Joseph Pruett (vice-chair), Angelo State University
- Ed Warga, Texas A& M University – Corpus Christi
- Laura Waugh, Texas State University
- Jingshan Xiao, University of Houston – Clear Lake
Training Needs Survey: Final Report (PDF), released May 24, 2017
Please contact our helpdesk if you are a TDL member who would like to request DSpace training or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 2018-19: Laura McElfresh, Texas A&M University at Galveston