- The GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Interest Group gathers both experts and newcomers to the field of GIS.
Who can join
- Any users of GIS can join the users group, regardless of affiliation with TDL.
The group shares updates and information about training and events at our monthly meetings and through the GIS Interest Group list.If you are interested in joining, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interest Group Leadership
More information coming soon!
TDL GISIG GIS Learning Community Sprint
Registration is limited to TDL GISIG participants, and is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so register today!
Join us for a 4-day learning opportunity, offering the daily combination of a brief overview session that introduces curricular concepts, “Sprint” time on your own to review resources and complete activities, and a follow up meeting for questions and wrap up.
This learning opportunity is intended to enable participants to:
- increase their awareness of and context for GIS web applications and cloud based geospatial tools for use in advising faculty and students during research consultations, or for their own work
- be introduced to quick, easy ways to locate and utilize GIS resources and manage geospatial data in the cloud
- learn how to make a web map to share information, augment research outcomes, or tell a story
- experience the benefits of co-learning with a community of like-minded colleagues
Please feel free to check out our FAQ page for more information.