Purpose of the group | The TDL OJS User Group works to create an active community among TDL’s users of the Open Journal System hosting service in the following ways:
- By facilitating mutual support among library managers of the OJS hosting service, including the sharing of resources about library publishing policies and good practices
- By facilitating better communication between TDL staff and libraries using this service
- By identifying areas of work that could be undertaken by member-led working groups
Who can join | TDL’s OJS Users Group is comprised of library liaisons for campus journals and is an exclusive benefit for TDL members only. TDL’s OJS Hosting Service Manager serves as a member of the group.
Governance | The group has a Chair and Vice Chair/Chair-Elect. Each position has a one-year term, with the Vice Chair/Chair-Elect becoming Chair. The Chair and Vice Chair are nominated or self-nominated from within the User Group and approved by TDL staff. Texas Digital Library will provide infrastructure for group activities, including web conferencing software and space in our Confluence Wiki (forthcoming).
Goals for 2019-20:
- Use monthly meetings to develop knowledge around OJS 3
- Develop two toolkits for journal managers:
- Decision-making toolkit for prospective journal managers
- A toolkit for starting a new journal
OJS Users Group Chairs
2022-2023 | Justin White, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
co-chair: Susan Elkins, Sam Houston State University
2019-2022 | Alexa Hight (chair), Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Please email Texas Digital Library at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.