The Student Excellence Award honors an individual student who has demonstrated overall excellence and significant contributions to digital library practice.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
- The contributions made by undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students are critical to maintaining, improving upon, and innovating digital library practices. This award honors the work of an individual student who demonstrates excellence in these areas.
- Award nominations are open to students at all levels currently enrolled in a Texas institution of higher education, pursuing a degree in any discipline. Self-nominations are encouraged and accepted.
- Texas Digital Library may award multiple Student Excellence Awards, contingent upon the quality and variety of student nominees.
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from professionals from historically excluded communities and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion, this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Nominations for this award are open to students from Texas libraries and academic institutions. Individuals nominated must have been students in higher education at the time the work was created or performed. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
To nominate an individual for TDL’s Student Excellence Award, please complete the form below. To do so, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee to include their name, affiliation, email address, and mailing address (required), plus any URLs (optional)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500-1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation/file uploads (optional; examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Winning nominations are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and winners are notified in early spring. Award winners receive one complimentary registration for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL) in Austin and are honored during a special awards session at the next conference.
Both winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the digital library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email email@example.com.