The Student Excellence Award honors an individual student that demonstrates overall excellence and contributions to digital library practice.
- The contributions made by undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students are critical to maintaining, improving upon, and innovating digital library practices. This award honors the work of an individual student who demonstrates excellence in these areas.
- Award nominations are open to students at all levels currently enrolled in a Texas higher education institution, pursuing a degree in any discipline. Self-nominations are encouraged and accepted.
- Texas Digital Library may award multiple Student Excellence Awards, contingent upon the quality and variety of student nominees.
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from historically underrepresented professionals and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Student Excellence Award you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO NOMINATION FORM
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
Winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.