The Texas Digital Library (TDL), Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and the Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (DigiTex) jointly organize the annual Open Texas conference to convene librarians, faculty, administrators, and other open education practitioners and advocates in Texas.
Following on the success of both the 2018 Statewide OER Summit and the 2019 Statewide Open Education Texas Convening, TDL and DigiTex staff serve as the steering committee for the annual Open Texas conference. Beginning in 2020, the steering committee for Open Texas will select a different host committee and site for the conference each year.
Visit this page for updates regarding the conference, access the annual conference site, and find conference proceedings. If you are interested in hosting a future Open Texas or would like to learn more about how to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our code of conduct.
Open Texas 2021 Steering Committee
- Ursula Pike, Associate Director, Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas
- Judith Sebesta, Executive Director, Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas
- Lea DeForest, Communications Manager, Texas Digital Library
- Kristi Park, Executive Director, Texas Digital Library
- David Ryden, Professor of History and Associate Dean, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, University of Houston-Downtown
- Michelle Singh, Ph.D., Assistant Commissioner of Digital Learning, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Kylah Torre, Ph.D., Program Director for Digital Learning, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board