Open Texas 2021: Adoption, Engagement, & Impact
Held virtually March 11-12, 2021 | Hosted by University of Houston-Downtown
Open Texas 2021 Call for Proposals is open!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.
The first annual Open Texas conference convenes librarians, faculty, administrators, and other open education practitioners and advocates in Texas. This year’s conference will be fully online and hosted by Houston Community College and the University of Houston-Downtown.
Dates: March 11-12, 2021
Hosts: Houston Community College, the Houston Area OER Consortium, and the University of Houston-Downtown (visit the Open Texas 2021 page on UHD’s website).
Registration information coming soon! Don’t miss out: subscribe to email updates here.
Read the Open Texas code of conduct.
HOST ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
- Co-chair – Shandra Robertson, University of Houston-Downtown
- Co-chair – Nathan Smith, Houston Community Colleges
- Joselin Escobar, University of Houston-Downtown
- Michelle Hernandez-Perez, University of Houston-Downtown
- David Ryden, University of Houston-Downtown
Shandra Robertson, College Business Administrator, University of Houston-Downtown
Nathan Smith, OER Coordinator / Philosophy Faculty, Houston Community Colleges
- Kate Carter, Research & Instruction Librarian, University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Geneen Clinkscales, Creekside B&T Division Liaison, Lone Star College
- Tonja Conerly, Professor of Sociology, San Jacinto College
- Joselin Escobar, Administrative Assistant III, University of Houston-Downtown
- Linsey Ford, Research & Instruction Librarian, University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Karl Henson, Assistant Director of Library Services, Prairie View A&M University
- Megan Hopwood, Digital Resource Professional, Lone Star College
- John Lane, Director, Technology Learning Service, University of Houston-Downtown
- Sarah Haiying Li, Associate Director of Special Collections and Institutional Repository, Texas Southern University
- Loan Nguyen, Electronic Resources Librarian and Associate Professor, University of St. Thomas
- Dr. Musa Olaka, Director of Libraries, Prairie View A&M University
- Janice Peyton, Executive Director, Texas Southern University
- Ursula Pike, Associate Director, Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas
- Sherry Randsell, Director, Instructional Design Services, San Jacinto College
- Josue Rodriguez, Student, St. Thomas University; Board Member, Young Invincibles
- David Ryden, Professor of History and Associate Dean, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, University of Houston-Downtown
- Ariana Santiago, Open Educational Resources Coordinator , University of Houston
- Lisa Spiro, Executive Director, Digital Scholarship Services, Rice University
- Amy Tan, Dean, English and Communications, Houston Community Colleges
- Samuel Weehut, Reference Librarian, University of Houston Downtown
- Niki Whiteside, Vice President, San Jacinto College
Contact email@example.com with questions.