Open Texas 2021: Adoption, Engagement, & Impact
Held virtually March 11-12, 2021 | Hosted by University of Houston-Downtown
The call for proposal submissions closed Friday, November 6, 2020.
Email email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.
Open Texas 2021 will bring together librarians, faculty, administrators, and other open education practitioners and advocates in Texas to explore tools and resources to reduce costs of textbooks and learning resources for students.
The conference theme, Open Texas 2021: Adoption, Engagement, and Impact, highlights programs focusing on institutional and individual processes to adopt OER, engaging faculty and students to create openly licensed content, and measuring impact of open education initiatives.
The program committee invites proposals that address topics related to open education practices and advocacy, and presentations for both novice and experienced open education practitioners are welcome.
The program committee is especially interested in presentations that address one or more of the following topics:
- Adoption and creation of OER, including successful training and professional development programs created to promote OER initiatives
- Open pedagogy, including faculty & student engagement with OER, and collaborative cross-institutional partnerships
- Open licensing, including copyright, equity, access, and inclusion
- Policy and campus-wide integration of OER, including course marking in the course schedule (SB810), and Z-Degrees & transfer opportunities (2 + 2 programs)
- Assessment, including measuring impact of OER and identification of benchmarks for strategic objectives
Presentations should fall into one of the following categories:
- Workshops (45-50 minutes)
- Presentations (20-25 min)
- Lightning talks (10 min)
Complete proposals must include:
- abstract (approximately 250 words)
- 2-3 learning outcomes for the audience
- information for each speaker (name, title, institution, brief bio, and email address)
Proposals should also indicate the preferred format for the presentation; please also include a second choice if you are able to adapt the presentation to a different format for scheduling purposes, and keep in mind that all presentations will be virtual.
Proposals will be evaluated based on relevance to the conference theme or topics of interest, usefulness to conference participants and the open education community, consideration of the virtual audience, and overall clarity of the proposal.
Proposals will be due Friday, October 23. Presenters will be notified of acceptance in early January 2021.
For proposal submission and registration information, please visit https://www.uhd.edu/academics/humanities/Pages/txoer.aspx.