- August 18, 2015
- 9:00am – 4:00pm (CST)
- University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Location: Room B20/B21 of the Central Library, University of Texas at Arlington. Please note that a government ID (such as a driver’s license) is required to enter the Central Library.
Cost: Free for TDL Members
This course provides beginner-level DSpace users with an overview of the use and management of DSpace repositories. Students will gain hands-on experience with DSpace and the use of the DSpace administrative interface.
Among the topics covered in the course are:
- How to create communities and collections
- How to submit and proceed items through the repository workflow
- How to adjust access options for users and items in DSpace
- How to edit items in DSpace
- Highlights of other DSpace features
Repository managers are the primary audience for this course.
Skill Level: Entry
- Faedra Wills, Digital Projects Librarian, UT Arlington
- Jon Crossno, Cataloging and Metadata Librarian, UT Southwestern