Membership in the Texas Digital Library (TDL) is available to all institutions and organizations anywhere. There is an annual membership fee with two options for membership:
- Regular Member (full membership with governance rights and full benefits)
- Affiliate Member (single-service membership without governance rights and limited benefits)
Regular Membership equates to full membership in the consortium with governance rights. All Regular Members receive the benefits of:
- Governance rights (i.e. a seat on the TDL Member Board)
- Rights of participation and leadership in working groups, interest groups, and committees
- Full access to benefits of TDL’s OEN Consortial membership
- Access to members-only email lists, webinars, and discounts
- Optional subscription to technology hosting services
Base Membership Fees
Base membership fees are charges annually. Tiers are established through the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education framework.
|Regular Membership Tiers||Base Membership Annual Fee|
|Independent Medical Libraries||$18,000|
|Public Libraries||Contact TDL at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Consortium and University System memberships available. Please email email@example.com for more information about consortial membership pricing.
Service Module Fees
Service module fees allow TDL Regular Members to select the hosted technology services that will best fit their needs. Each service option includes setting up the service through your institution, software updates, 24×7 technical support, and training:
|Service Modules||Annual Fee||Setup Fee
(one-time fee, for services
after August 2017 only)
|Journal Hosting (OJS)||$5,000||$1,000|
|Texas Data Repository||
*DSpace storage amounts over 1TB are available in 1/2-TB increments for an additional cost.
Affiliate membership in the TDL is available with a flat annual fee, and the option of selecting one TDL-hosted service, depending on the affiliate membership selected. Affiliate membership is for institutions requesting a single technology service. Institutions seeking multiple services should consider full (Regular) membership.
- Available for one service only
- Limited benefits of TDL’s OEN Consortial membership (i.e.the ability to join OEN as an Allied Institution)
- Flat annual fee
- No governance or other ancillary benefits of membership
TDL Affiliate Members pay a flat fee per year and have the option to select one of the following service options:
|Affiliate Category||Technology Service Options (select 1)||Annual Fee||Setup Fee
(one-time fee for new services)
|Digital Preservation Affiliate||DuraCloudTM@TDL
|Texas Data Repository Affiliate
(High Research Activity)
| Texas Data Repository Affiliate
Member allowances and cost details for Digital Preservation Storage options
For more information about the TDL membership and organizational structure, please refer to the TDL Bylaws.
To make inquiries about joining the Texas Digital Library, please contact the Texas Digital Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Digital Library
101 E. 21st Street, Stop S5471
Austin, TX 78712-1498