Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
The Excellence in Digital Libraries Award honors a specific project that demonstrates overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
The Graduate Student Excellence Award honors an individual graduate student that demonstrates overall excellence and contributions to digital library practice.
The Innovative Outreach Award honors an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital library
The Leadership in Digital Libraries Award honors an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to digital libraries.
The Scholarly Communications Award honors the work of an individual or group of academics, including faculty and librarians, who have made significant advances in our understanding of the issues surrounding scholarly communications
The Trailblazer Award honors the work of an individual or group within a Texas academic library who has used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain or support digital collections.
Please review the full set of criteria for each award before submitting.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for these awards. To nominate a project or individual for a TDL Award, you will need:
- Contact information about the project members including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,500 words (required)
- Any optional supporting documentation (not required)
You can submit your nomination through an online form. Each award has its own nomination form. Please fill out the information fields provided in the form and attach any supporting documents (optional) to the form. Then simply click “Submit” at the bottom of the form.
- Deadline for TDL Award Nominations is February 16, 2018.
- Notification to Awardees April 2018
- Dates for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL), at which awards will be distributed. Note: Attendance at the conference is not required to receive an award. May 15-18, 2018
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email email@example.com.
2018 TDL AWARDS COMMITTEE
- Sian Brannon (Chair), University of North Texas
- Sean Visintainer (Vice-Chair), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Kris Helge, Texas Woman’s University
- Jonathan Helmke, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Derek Reece, University of Texas at Arlington
- Darryl Stuhr, Baylor University
- Heidi Winkler, Texas Tech University