Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per group/awardee for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
The Excellence Award honors a specific project that demonstrates overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
The Student Excellence Award honors an individual graduate student that demonstrates overall excellence and contributions to digital library practice.
The Outreach Award honors an individual or team that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization’s digital library
The Individual Impact Award honors an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to digital libraries.
The Scholarly Communications Award honors the work of an individual or group of academics, including faculty and librarians, who have made significant advances in our understanding of the issues surrounding scholarly communications
The Trailblazer Award honors the work of an individual or group within a Texas academic library who has used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain or support digital collections.
Please review the full set of criteria for each award before submitting.
2019 TDL AWARDS COMMITTEE
- Sean Visintainer (chair), UT Rio Grande Valley
- Sean Buckner, Texas A&M University
- Susan Elkins, Sam Houston State University
- Lauren Goodley, Texas State University
- Nerissa Lindsey, Texas A&M International University
- Joseph Pruett, Angelo State University
- Adrian Shapiro, Texas Women’s University
- Chris Starcher, Texas Tech University
- Jessica Trelogan, University of Texas at Austin
- Emily Vinson, University of Houston
- Annie Wu, University of Houston