The TDL organizational structure, including governance and membership levels, is outlined fully in the organization’s Bylaws. For more information on membership levels, see the TDL Membership Information page.
The TDL membership is represented by a Member Board, which consists of the administrative head of each Regular Member (plus a representative administrative head for each Consortia Member). The Member Board meets yearly in the fall to discuss issues of concern to the membership and elect at-large members of the Governing Board.
The TDL Governing Board provides strategic direction for the Texas Digital Library and is comprised of library deans and directors from seven TDL institutions. The founding ARL members of TDL serve as ex officio members of the Governing Board. The remaining three members are elected at-large from within the regular membership.
In addition, two members of the TDL staff sit on the Governing Board as ex officio, non-voting members.
TDL Governing Board members for 2017-18 are:
- David Carlson, Texas A&M University Libraries*
- Bella Karr Gerlich (Chair), Texas Tech University Libraries*
- Lisa German (Vice Chair/Chair-Elect), University of Houston*
- Kelly Gonzalez, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- lorraine haricombe, University of Texas at Austin Libraries
- Shawna Kennedy-Witthar, West Texas A&M University
- Cate Rudowsky, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
- Mark Smith, Texas State Library and Archives Commission**
- Kristi Park, TDL Executive Director**
- Ryan Steans, TDL Assistant Director**
*ex officio member
**ex officio, non-voting member
A select group within the Governing Board acts on behalf of the Board to make day-to-day operational decisions. This group, the Executive Committee, consists of the officers of the Governing Board:
The Governing Board Executive Committee members for 2016-17 are:
- Bella Kerr Gerlich, Texas Tech University (Chair)
- Lisa German, University of Houston (Vice-Chair)
- Cate Rudowsky, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (Secretary/Treasurer)