The Texas Digital Library Individual Impact Award will honor an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to the field of digital curation and digital scholarship. Nominees should have demonstrated their impact by fostering the development of students and early career professionals, facilitating communities, building infrastructure, and/or contributing to scholarship. This individual may come from any position within their organization – including libraries, museums, and cultural heritage institutions. Anyone who contributes to digital curation and digital scholarship is eligible for this award.
Outstanding contributions to digital collections can include, but are not limited to:
- Mentorship of professionals, interns, or students to foster the next generation of digital librarians, archivists, project managers, collections managers, and other associated professions
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in the field
- Outstanding leadership in local, regional, or state digital activities, initiatives, or organizations
- Contributions to digital scholarship, literature, research, or best practices
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from historically underrepresented professionals and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Nominations are open to individuals from Texas libraries and cultural heritage institutions. Individuals nominated for this award must have been employed by the institution at the time the work took place. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
To nominate a project or individual for TDL’s Impact Award you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee including name, email, mailing address, and URLs. (required)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500 – 1,000 words (required)
- Supporting documentation file upload (not required, examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
Winners are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and are notified in early spring. Award recipients receive one complimentary registration per for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries in Austin, and are honored during a special awards session at the conference.
Winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.