The Individual Impact Award honors an individual who has made significant contributions and improvements related to the field of digital curation and digital scholarship. Nominees demonstrated their impact by fostering the development of students and early career professionals, facilitating communities, building infrastructure, and/or contributing to scholarship.
Outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Mentorship of professionals, interns, or students to foster the next generation of digital librarians, archivists, project managers, collections managers, and other associated professions
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in their field
- Outstanding leadership in digital activities, initiatives, or organizations at the local, regional, or state level
- Significant contributions to digital scholarship, literature, research, or best practices
The TDL Awards Committee encourages submissions from professionals from historically excluded communities and their allies. Per the TDL Statement of Inclusion, this includes but is not limited to “the presence and contributions of all persons regardless of age, culture, abilities, bodies, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, race, religion, or socioeconomic status.”
Each year, the Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards honor individuals and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of digital libraries.
Nominations for this award are open to individuals from Texas libraries, archives, museums, cultural heritage institutions, non-profits, or collectives. Individuals nominated must have been employed by the institution at the time the work was created or performed. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. TDL members as well as non-members are eligible both to nominate and receive the award.
To nominate someone for TDL’s Individual Impact Award, please complete the form below. To do so, you will need:
- Contact information about the nominee to include their name, affiliation, email address, and mailing address (required), plus any URLs (optional)
- Your contact information (required)
- A justification statement of 500-1,500 words (required)
- Supporting documentation/file uploads (optional; examples include but are not limited to letters of recommendation, workflows, awards received, publicity and publications, etc.)
The deadline for nominations is February 5, 2021.
Winning nominations are selected by the TDL Awards Committee and winners are notified in early spring. Award winners receive one complimentary registration per award for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries (TCDL) in Austin and are honored during a special awards session at the next conference.
Both winners and nominees will be invited to share their work with the digital library community through blog posts, webinars, and/or TDL member forums.
For questions about the criteria or processes for awards selection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.