The proceedings and presentations from the Sixth Annual Conference on Preservation of Digital Objects (iPRES 2009) are now available online on the California Digital Library’s eScholarship site.
A sampling of the presentations on the site:
- Perspectives on the Economics of Sustainable Digital Preservation (Martha Anderson, Paul Courant, and Patricia Cruse, with introduction by Brian Lavoie and moderator Abby Smith)
- E-infrastructure and Digital Preservation: Challenges and Outlook (Reinhard Altenhöner)
- Ready? Assessing Whether Organizations are Prepared for Digital Preservation (Robert Sharpe)
- Implementing Metadata that Guides Digital Preservation Services (Adam Farquhar)
- The Human Face of Digital Preservation: Organizational and Staff Challenges and Initiatives at the Bibliothèque nationale de France (Emmanuelle Bermès and Louise Fauduet)
iPRES 2009 was held in San Francisco on October 5-6, 2009. The conference, which was hosted by the California Digital Library, “explore[s] the latest trends, innovations, and practices in preserving our scientific and cultural digital heritage.”
The next iPRES conference will be held September 19-24, 2010, in Vienna, Austria.