Attention Texas Digital Library Members: Help us promote your digital collections by participating in the FIND FIVE project!
WHAT IS FIND FIVE?
The Find Five project intends to showcase the digital collections of TDL member institutions and encourage non-digital library staff to engage with digital content in repositories.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Find up to five different items or collections in your institution’s repositories or digital collections that you want to highlight as an exhibit.
- Send your finds to Texas Digital Library any time between now and May 15 using our Google Form.
- Invite your colleagues to participate – we especially encourage you to invite your colleagues who do not normally engage with your institution’s digital collections!
- TDL will publish your exhibit on our website as soon as they start rolling in. You can see our example here.
- Links to your five finds will be promoted widely via email and TDL’s social media channels.
ALL TDL MEMBERS ARE INVITED
Any professional library and archives staff member or graduate student working in a TDL member library may participate in the Find Five project. There is no limit to the number of staff from each institution. We want to especially encourage those of you who do not normally engage with the library’s digital collections to participate in this project.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Please submit the following information by going to this Google Form:
– First and Last Name
– Professional Title
– Institution Name
Share up to five items you found in your institution’s digital repositories:
For each item you share, please include the following:
A – Name of item or collection
B – Brief description (photo, document, audio recording, etc.)
C – Link to item or collection
What is the theme or organizing principle of your exhibit?
What should we call your exhibit?
We can’t wait to see your responses!
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact Texas Digital Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Digital Library is a consortium of Texas higher education institutions that builds capacity for preserving, managing, and providing access to unique digital collections of enduring value. Learn more about becoming a member at https://www.tdl.org/members/membership/.