The South Central States Fedora Users Group will be hosting a meeting at the University of Houston on the 11th and 12th of January 2017. The group welcomes anyone currently using Fedora or considering the use of Fedora for management of digital assets as a repository or archive. The Users Group is looking to expand their reach and welcomes anyone, especially those not currently served by existing Fedora Users Groups in the western United States.
The meeting will include:
- presentations on current implementations and work underway at peer institutions
- discussion for users considering the tool
- Fedora workshops led by Fedora experts and developers
- conversations intended to foster collaboration among users and in support of the Fedora project
This meeting is for all ranges of technical skill level, and the group hopes to make this event a free exchange of ideas.
The South Central States Fedora Users Group is gauging interest in attendance and potential options for training sessions from leaders in the Fedora community. Please share your name and email, and indicate your interest in potential training topics at the following link:
- Location: M.D. Anderson Library, University of Houston
- Accommodations: Hampton Inn Houston Downtown . Special $135 University of Houston rate. For more information, see the events page .
- Airport: HOU (William P. Hobby Airport), IAH (George Bush Intercontinental Airport)
If you have questions, please let use know! Email Anne Washington, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ryan Steans, email@example.com, or check in at the South Central States Fedora Users Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/scs-fedora-users